There is an abundance of Vegan Middle Eastern recipes, especially vegan Lebanese food. These are healthy and delicious, naturally plant based Mediterranean recipes. The recipes are full of flavor, vegetables and all around goodness. Any recipe on this round up is a guaranteed hit!
Why try these Vegan Middle Eastern recipes?
- They are easy, tried and true recipes that are NATURALLY vegan, without any hard to find ingredients.
- The flavor of Lebanese vegan food is so delicious, with good for you Mediterranean ingredients giving a big impact.
- Whether or not you are vegan, you’ll really appreciate these recipes. It’s a great way to take a break from meat while still enjoying your food immensely!
Some basic Middle Eastern ingredients to have on hand:
- Extra virgin olive oil- the best olive oil you can get, as nearly all these recipes will use it!
- Tahini- sesame paste that offers a distinctive nuttiness to recipes.
- Pomegranate Molasses- A tangy and sweet molasses made from pomegranate juice.
- Lentils- it’ll be good to have both brown and red lentils on hand. Lentils are frequently used in Middle Eastern cuisine. They are a great source of vegetarian protein.
- Seven spices or all spice, plus cumin powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder- These are hallmarks of many Middle Eastern recipes.
Vegan Middle Eastern Starters:
Mediterranean Olive Salad
A zingy and refreshing salad made with lots of olives and veggies with a simple vegan dressing.
Tahini Kale Salad
Just substitute the honey in the dressing for maple syrup. You’ll get a simple salad with a creamy and addictive tahini dressing.
This Lebanese cabbage salad is made without any mayo. It’s light, crunchy and delicious.
Hummus made a little sweeter and packed with flavor from roasted beetroot. A beautiful vibrant pink color and so simple and good!
An easy spiced eggplant and tomato spread, packed with delicious flavor.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
The crispiest golden brown cauliflower. It’s commonly consumed as a Lebanese vegan dish, and made super simple in an Air Fryer.
Vegan Middle Eastern Soups:
Adas bi Hamod
A lentil, swiss chard, and potato soup in a lemony base. This is so healthy and delicious.
Vegan Harira Soup
This flavorful soup has vermicelli noodles, lots of veggies and spices. It’s one of my favorite soups ever!
Lebanese vegan rice dishes:
Simple fluffy vermicelli basmati rice, the perfect side dish to so many dishes.
Soft and slightly sticky rice, goes great with stews!
Instant Pot Mujadara
Brown rice mujadara made in an instant pot, with tons of flavor from cumin and caramelized onions.
Another version of mujaddara, made with bulgur for a nutty and wholesome flavor. Just replace the regular yogurt with coconut yogurt.
Mujaddara Safra (Lebanese yellow lentils and rice)
A different version of Lebanese lentils and rice. This recipe uses yellow lentils that simmer until they become very soft and comforting.
Vegan Middle Eastern main dishes:
Stuffed Middle Eastern Zucchini
Vegetarian stuffed vegetables, like zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes and bell peppers. Stuffed with herbed rice and served in a tomato broth. This is a showstopper!
A delicious Lebanese eggplant and chickpea dish, served plain or with rice.
A bulgur and walnut patty that mimics kafta, but completely vegan. This is a Turkish classic!
A walnut and lentil pomegranate molasses stew. This is an Irani dish with a twist!
Lebanese Green Beans- Loubia
One of the simplest dishes you could make, using frozen green beans and diced tomatoes. This is wonderful!
This is a traditional dish of stewed eggplants, lentils and pomegranate. Such interesting tangy flavor.
This loubia recipe is made so easy using canned beans, with no overnight soak required, and just a handful of ingredients.
Desserts and Drinks:
These fluffy yeast based fritters are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and ADDICTIVE. They also happen to be naturally vegan!
Semolina stuffed fried parcels, like Middle Eastern beignets. A very indulgent and delicious dessert!
Coffee Cardamom Truffles
Healthy date balls with hints of almond, peanut butter, cardamom and coffee.
An ice cold refreshing blended ice drink with lemonade and mint leaves.
A fragrant mint infused tea that’s perfect for digesting after dinner.
Hope you enjoyed this compilation of vegan Middle Eastern recipes! One of my favorite things to cook is vegan Middle Eastern food, and you can see how varied the cuisine is at providing plant based options.
Let me know if you have any recipe requests or questions!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card and a comment!