This is the easiest and best recipe for air fryer cauliflower, Lebanese style cauliflower made with minutes of effort. Crispy, golden brown and delicious, you’ll make this on repeat!
What is air fried cauliflower?
Cauliflower florets, that are lightly seasoned and tossed with olive oil, and air fried until crunchy and golden brown.
Fried cauliflower is such a classic Lebanese starter. Lebanese cauliflower is something often enjoyed as a delicious crispy appetizer, sometimes drizzled with tahini sauce.
Why is this air fryer cauliflower so good?
Let’s face it, anything fried is delicious, and when it’s guilt free because it’s air fried it tastes even better.
It’s so easy to make! Just toss a few ingredients with the florets and air fry. Job done!
This tastes wonderful plain, or with any dipping sauce you like.
Enjoy every single bite of a really healthy vegetable when it’s this crunchy and yum.
You only need 5 ingredients, and two of those are salt and pepper.
It’s low calorie, and super filling.
Ingredients you need to make this cauliflower:
A head of cauliflower
Salt, pepper, and cumin powder.
How to make air fried cauliflower:
- Preheat air fryer for a few minutes while you prep cauliflower
- Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Air fry in batches (so you don’t overcrowd the basket) for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes.
How to serve air fryer cauliflower:
We eat this plain, sometimes scooped up in some pita bread.
You can squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top, and top with chopped fresh parsley.
Drizzle some tahini sauce on top.
This makes for an amazing pita bread wrap sandwich!
For a little change, try dipping in some sriracha mayonnaise. Delicious!
This is amazing in salads, with some fresh pomegranate seeds.
Storing leftover cauliflower:
Fried cauliflower can be stored for 3-5 days in the fridge in an air tight container.
It can also be frozen for up to 3 months, and it’ll thaw for a couple months in the fridge.
Tips and tricks for fried cauliflower success:
Try to cut the cauliflower florets into sort of even sizes, so that they fry evenly. This can be a little hard, but just a rough estimation.
Keep shaking the basket throughout the air frying process so that the florets toss and cook evenly.
Don’t overcrowd the basket so that the cauliflower stays crisp, do this in batches.
Keep checking! Each air fryer is different, you just want them to be crispy and golden brown like the photos.
If you liked this recipe, you might like:
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer
- 1 head cauliflower, broken or cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch sumac for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 390 F (200 C).
- Add cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and all the spices and toss well to combine.
- Add 1/2 the cauliflower to the basket of an air fryer, and air fry for anywhere between 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your florets, until crispy and golden brown, shaking every 3 minutes or so.
- Once the first batch is done, repeat with the second batch. Sprinkle cauliflower with sumac, optional but really yummy.
- Enjoy hot, room temperature, or cold. You can have this plain, dipped in tahini sauce, with sriracha mayo, in a pita bread wrap, on salads, so many ways!
Leave a Reply