An especially easy way to get roasted bell peppers and onions, air fryer bell peppers are just the best way to get that perfect char on the edge. Perfect for fajitas!
What are air fryer bell peppers?
Think about fajita veggies, those sliced colorful peppers that come roasted and are just tender enough, with just that hint of char around the edges. These are perfect for topping any Mexican dish, as well as a bunch of other things like salads, rice bowls, chicken breasts, or a flavorful side to a dish.
Why use an air fryer to make fajita veggies?
It’s the easiest way ever to get perfectly cooked roasted sweet peppers and onions. The circulating heat in the air fryer cooks them perfectly all around without having to constantly stir the veggies, and the heat gets them crisp and brown around the edges. Absolutely delicious! I found this much easier than heating up the whole oven to oven bake vegetables, or doing them on the stove top with constant monitoring.
What ingredients do you need for air fryer bell peppers?
Obviously bell peppers, color of your choice. I like using a mix of red, yellow, and green bell peppers to give maximum color and flavor.
An onion, white, yellow, and red are all fine. I think a charred onion that accompanies bell peppers is the perfect finishing touch.
Olive oil to coat the vegetables, and a pinch of salt to flavor. That’s it!
How do I make air fryer bell peppers?
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 F (200C) for a few minutes.
- Toss together the sliced bell peppers and onions with olive oil and salt and mix until well combined.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, opening halfway through and shaking the basket to move the bell peppers around.
- Continue cooking until bell peppers and onions have cooked until tender and charred around the edges.
Leftover air fryer bell peppers and onions can be stored for up to 5 days tightly covered in the fridge, or frozen for 4-6 months. Very handy thing to have in your freezer!
If you liked this recipe, you might like:
Air Fryer Bell Peppers
- Air Fryer
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- Preheat air fryer to 390 F (200C)
- Toss all the sliced peppers and onions in a large bowl with the olive oil and salt until well coated. Place in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until vegetables are starting to turn tender, and brown around the edges. I like a little crunch to be left in the vegetables.
- Enjoy! I love using these on fajitas, or taco bowls.