This recipe for an air fryer frittata is one of my favorite ways to have eggs in an air fryer. You can customize the toppings however you like, I did a Mexican style air fryer breakfast frittata with cheese and veggies and it’s delicious! You won’t find an easier way to enjoy air fryer eggs!
Why you’ll love this air fryer frittata recipe:
- It takes 5 minutes of effort, and 15 minutes to cook in an air fryer. You can use any model of air fryer you like, I used my Ninja air fryer. You can customize the toppings however you like. I made this Mexican style, which has great flavor. You can use whatever you have on hand!
- This is a great low carb healthy breakfast recipe to enjoy. It sort of tastes like a crustless quiche.
- This method is great for making a frittata without a pan! The air fryer basket lined with parchment paper functions as a pan in this recipe.
- Cooking a frittata in an air fryer gives it this delicious crispy exterior, with gooey melted cheese. Amazing textures!
- It’s so convenient making this in your small air fryer machine instead of making a mess on your stove top or in your oven.
Ingredients and notes:
Eggs: I used six eggs, you can make this more of a single portion frittata by halving the amount
Cheese: I love cheese with eggs! You can use Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese, or veer further off course and use feta cheese. You can always omit the cheese entirely, of course.
Cherry tomatoes: You can also used diced tomatoes
Pickled jalapenos: Or leave these out if you don’t like heat
Black olives: Sliced black olives are a super convenient way to add flavor to eggs
Cilantro: Fresh herbs add a lot of flavor to eggs. You can use parsley instead, dill, or leave the herbs out entirely. Alternately, you can add a pinch of your favorite dried herbs.
Red onion: I’d dice these really finely. You can use sliced spring onions instead.
Salt and pepper to season
How to make easy air fryer eggs:
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and crack the eggs directly on top. Add all the toppings, season with salt and pepper and top with shredded cheese.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 350F (180C), or until done.
- Enjoy immediately! You can serve with sour cream or salsa if you prefer.
What to serve an air fryer vegetable frittata with:
You can do a side of tortilla or pita chips, toast, breakfast potatoes. You can also keep them simple and reduce carbs and serve them as is with some salsa and sour cream on the side.
Storing leftover frittata:
Although I prefer this warm, it also tastes good served cold out the fridge. Tightly wrap any leftovers, and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze a frittata by tightly wrapping and freezing for up to 2 months. If going this route, I’d recommend slicing into individual portions and freezing those, so it’ll be easy to thaw single servings. You can rewarm in an oven at 275 F (135C) for about 15 minutes, or gently microwave.
You can also reheat any leftover frittata in the air fryer for a few minutes, at 350 F (180C).
Recipe tips and tricks:
- Use whatever combinations of veggies, herbs, and cheese you have on hand. This is such a versatile recipe.
- Check on your frittata after about 12 minutes. Every air fryer is different, my ninja foodi cooks the frittata in 15 minutes.
- If you don’t care if your frittata is vegetarian, you can add bacon bits. They’ll be delicious.
- You can keep your eggs more intact, like I do in this recipe, or you can whisk them in a bowl before adding to the air fryer basket
When the center is set, and the overall top is turning golden brown the frittata is ready! Eggs will continue to set a little as you cool them enough to eat.
Absolutely- if you prefer using a pan, just choose an oven safe one that fits in the air fryer basket without touching the sides (usually a 6 or 7 inch pan does the trick.). You may not be able to fit all the eggs in this size, so scale down in size to 4 eggs.
I don’t find it necessary!
For more air fryer recipes:
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card and a comment!
Air Fryer Frittata
- Air Fryer
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (coriander) (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon pickled sliced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- salt and pepper to season
- -Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper and crack the eggs directly on top. Add all the toppings, season with salt and pepper and top with shredded cheese.
- Heat air fryer to 350F (180C), and air fry for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately, preferably with sour cream and salsa!