Air fryer cinnamon toast is the best way to have buttery sweet, crisp cinnamon toast in a matter of minutes. It’s absolutely delicious! Air fryer toast is definitely the way to go.
What is air fryer toast?
Basically, toast made in an air fryer! And it makes complete sense too. The way an air fryer cooks is almost like a convection oven, with really hot air circulating around a small space. This gives you the perfect crunchy, crispy, toast.
Air fryer cinnamon toast goes one step further. Cinnamon sugar butter is spread on the toast and the toast is then air fried. It’s so good! And such an easy breakfast or treat to make.
Why should I make air fryer cinnamon toast?
Air frying the cinnamon toast makes it so crispy on the edges and bubbly and delicious in the middle.
It’s such an easy breakfast or treat to make with just a handful of ingredients.
Instead of turning on the oven to broil the toast to perfection, you can do it all in much less time in a handy little air fryer.
This is such a comfort dish. Toast and cinnamon, a match made in heaven.
This recipe is adapted from Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon toast, but with a LOT less sugar. Still delicious!
What ingredients do I need for air fryer toast?
Bread: Whole wheat bread is my go to here, it gives that heartiness to the toast. You can definitely use white bread if you prefer
Butter: The important thing is that the butter is at room temperature to make it easily spreadable. I used unsalted butter, and added a pinch of salt, but you could substitute both for salted butter.
Sugar: Just standard white granulated sugar
Cinnamon and vanilla extract: The flavoring agents in the cinnamon toast
Pinch of black pepper: totally optional, but give a nice enhanced spice flavor
How to make air fryer cinnamon toast:
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F (200C) while you prepare the toast.
- Smush the butter into a paste, then mix in the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and black pepper if using.
- Spread generously on one side of each slice of bread, get all the way to the edges. Place two slices of bread, buttered side up, at a time onto the basket of the air fryer. Close and air fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove finished cinnamon toast from air fryer, and repeat the cooking with the remaining two slices of bread.
- Enjoy warm!
See how to make this in the video in the recipe card.
Freezing cinnamon toast:
You can actual prep the bread up to the point of spreading it with the butter/sugar mixture, then freeze it in a single layer on a baking sheet until hard. Once frozen, you can transfer the sliced bread to a freezer safe bag.
To cook the frozen cinnamon toast, follow the same steps. You don’t need to thaw it before air frying, you may just need to add 30 seconds to 1 minute of cooking time.
What to serve air fryer toast with:
While I enjoy this plain, you can also add some icing sugar for visual appeal, or drizzle some syrup or honey on them for extra sweetness.
You can also serve with jam. My kids like the toast cut up into strips!
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite gluten free bread to make this recipe gluten free.
Definitely- you’ll be able to cook more at the same time. The slices on the lower rack may take an extra minute or two to cook.
When it is crispy and golden brown. Different bread thicknesses will take different amounts of time, so just keep an eye on the toast and remove it when it’s to your preference.
You can just toast plain bread in the air fryer. You can also make garlic toast by spreading garlic butter on the bread before placing in the air fryer.
If you liked this recipe, you might like:
Air Fryer Cinnamon Toast
- Air Fryer
- 1/4 cup butter, softened until very spreadable
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 4 pieces whole wheat toast
- Preheat air fryer to 390 F (200C) while prepping your toast.
- Using a fork, smush the butter into a really smooth paste. Add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and black pepper if using. Mix to combine well.
- Spread generously on one side of the bread. Place the bread into the basket of the air fryer, and repeat the same with another piece of bread – you’ll probably fit two bread pieces at once into the air fryer.
- Air fryer 5 minute until bread is crispy and golden brown and bubbling. Repeat with the next two pieces of bread. Enjoy!