This crispy air fryer pasta is addictive! Pasta is tossed with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and a few spices and air fried until golden brown and delicious. So easy to make!
What is air fryer pasta?
Also known as pasta chips (best name ever), air fryer pasta is basically pasta that has been boiled and drained, then tossed with a little oil and air fried until crispy. This recipe went viral on tiktok and so many people have their variations!
The pasta ends up tasting like chips! It’s really cool, and a completely addictive snack.
Why should you make air fryer pasta?
Again, it’s pasta that tastes like chips! How can this not be a win?
It’s incredibly easy to make. One bowl, a handful of ingredients and the basket of an air fryer is all you need.
This is a great fun snack kids and adults both will enjoy. Plus it’s fun to find new ways to use your air fryer!
What ingredients do you need to make pasta chips?
Pasta! You can use any short shape you like (Don’t use long noodles like spaghetti). I used bowtie pasta and loved the fun shape. You can try with curly pasta like fusilli, penne, ziti, elbow pasta, anything of that sort.
Olive Oil: As is typical of air fryer recipes, you really don’t need too much oil. Just 1 tablespoon to toss with all the pasta to get it to crisp up in the fryer.
Parmesan Cheese: Optional but adds a lot of yumminess, use finely grated Parmesan. You can use the stuff out the shaker or use freshly grated like I did.
Seasoning: I used dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Feel free to sub with Italian seasoning, or leave out anything you don’t want. If I wasn’t making this for my kids, I’d have added a little red chili flakes.
How to make air fryer pasta:
- Boil the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain.
- Toss with the olive oil, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese until evenly coated.
- Air fry at 390F (200C) for 10-12 minutes, tossing every few minutes by shaking the air fryer basket, until golden brown and crispy.
Check the video in the recipe card for the full visual steps!
What to serve fried pasta with:
I really like dipping this in homemade pizza sauce, but you can use jarred marina sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, honey mustard, yogurt, you name it. You can also eat this plain like my husband did.
If you liked this recipe, you might like:
Air Fryer Pasta
- Air Fryer
- 8 oz pasta of choice I used bowtie, cooked al dente (see notes) 225g
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese 20g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil powder
- big pinch salt
- big pinch black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to mix well.
- Place in basket of air fryer, and cook at 390F (200C), for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Toss several times throughout.
- Enjoy right away! I like dipping in pizza sauce or marinara sauce.