How can you make classic chocolate chip cookies even better? Stuff them with Oreo truffles. This fudgy center elevates chocolate chip cookies into something super special and is an easy addition to make! Oreo truffle stuffed cookies are a match made in heaven.
Cookies are my obsession. I truly love a good chocolate chip cookie, and I make a great one with easy to find ingredients and a no fuss straightforward process.
Why are these Oreo truffle stuffed cookies so good?
It’s a combination of two deliciously simple desserts, chocolate chip cookies and oreo truffles.
They work so well together. The Oreo truffles become a fudgy center that perfectly complements the chewy chocolate chip cookie wrapped around them.
The cookies are so simple to make, and the Oreo truffles are also so easy to make.
It’s just such a fun take on a classic!
How to make the easy cookie dough:
All you need is basic ingredients:
Unsalted Butter- no melting required, just have it soft at room temperature
White Sugar and Brown Sugar– you can use light or dark brown sugar or a mix as both (I usually like doing a mix of both, with more light than dark but you can do whatever!)
A room temperature egg
Dry Ingredients: Flour, baking soda, and salt.
Chocolate chips: You can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate based on preference (I prefer semi-sweet). You could also use chocolate chunks or just chopped up chocolate.
And a basic creaming method:
Cream together the butter and sugars for a good 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for about another minute until well mixed.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, and I like to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
How to make Oreo truffles:
It nearly defies logic how simple it is to make such a delicious thing.
All you need to do is finely crush the Oreos (white filling and all), and mix the crumbs with the softened cream cheese until well combined.
You can crush the Oreos either in a food processor/blender, or just by hand in a large ziploc bag using a rolling pin.
How to stuff cookies with Oreo truffles:
After the Oreo truffles have frozen enough that they are easy to handle and don’t melt too quickly in your hands, you can start stuffing the cookie dough.
You need a good 2 tbsp size piece of cookie dough per cookie, that you flatten out in the palm of your hand to form a sort of cookie pancake. Place the Oreo truffle ball in the middle of the cookie dough, and then wrap the cookie dough around the truffle. Roll into a neat ball in your hands. Place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and continue until all the dough has been stuffed.
When ready to bake, make sure the oven is at temperature (350F or 180C), and bake for around 12 minutes until golden brown on the edges but still soft on the inside. They’ll set up further as they cool.
Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened 113 g
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar 150 g total
- 1/4 cup white sugar 50 g
- 1 egg room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour 220 g
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt for topping, optional
For the oreo truffles:
- 18 OREO cookies
- 4 oz softened cream cheese (like Philadelphia) 113 g
For the chocolate chip cookies:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or a handheld mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar for 5 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Once five minutes is over, add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture on low speed, and mix until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix in chocolate chips or chunks until just combined. Place bowl of dough in fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill. Prepare Oreo truffle filling while chilling.
For the Oreo truffles:
- Crush the Oreo cookies into a fine powder, using a blender or food processor, spice grinder, or just by hand by placing cookies in a large ziploc bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
- Combine the cream cheese with the Oreo powder, mixing well until the mixture combines smoothly and evenly. Roll into 18 equal sized small balls, about the size of a walnut (around 18 g each). Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
To assemble and bake:
- Heat oven to 180 C (350F). Take the Oreo truffles out of the freezer, and scoop out a generous 2 tbsp size piece of cookie dough, or enough to wrap completely around the Oreo truffle. Flatten the dough out onto the palm of your hand (kind of like a palm sized pizza dough) to make it thinner and easier to wrap around the truffle. Seal completely around the Oreo truffle, roll a little to make an evenly shaped dough ball and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the cookie dough and Oreo truffles, placing at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for around 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges but still soft in the center. Cool until cookies firm up, then enjoy!
Oreo Truffle Stuffed Cookies by everylittlecrumb on Jumprope.
If you liked this recipe, you might like: