Vegan avocado sauce is a creamy avocado sauce made in a blender with a handful of flavorful ingredients. The sauce takes 5 minutes flat from start to finish, this will be a new go to, and is perfect paired with pasta!
Why make avocado sauce?
However, this is a great sauce for avocado lovers bored of avocado toast and guacamole (impossible, I know) you might want to give this a go!
It’s also ridiculously easy, no cook, and ready in minutes, making a really nice change of pace for a summer meal.
The health benefits of avocados:
Avocados are an intense source of energy and good fat. High in the good calories (not the ones that cause you all sorts of trouble and a great source of several vitamins. They may even aid digestion.
Avocados are heart healthy, good for vision, and can help boost your immune system. Above all, they are absolutely delicious and conveniently packaged in one little parcel. Probably best of all, they are super filling.
How to use avocado sauce?
I think this makes a great base for pasta, spread for sandwiches, and hearty salad dressing to toss tuna, macaroni, or egg salad with. You can use this as a dip too, or even mix some with some ready made hummus for a real treat!
Vegan avocado sauce for pasta:
This is my favorite use for this sauce. Toss some cooked pasta in it, and you’ve got yourself a wonderful complete meal.
What type of pasta to use?
You can do spaghetti like I did, penne, farfalle. You won’t be able to tell teh difference when you use whole wheat pasta, which is my go to. Throw in whatever pasta you have and you’ll be fine.
How do I make the sauce?
It’s literally as easy as placing all the ingredients in the blender and blending them up.
If using this for pasta, then I like to reserve a little pasta water when draining my cooked pasta in case I want to thin the sauce a little. Next time you need a quick meal and are in a food rut, do try this out!
Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 200 g pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti) (7 oz)
- 1 large avocado, pitted and scooped out of shell
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts optional
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions. When draining the cooked noodles, reserve some of the pasta water in case you want to thin your avocado sauce.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a blender (avocado, lime juice, garlic, coriander, olive oil, salt, pepper, red chili flakes if using, and toasted pine nuts if using). Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the avocado sauce. If it’s too thick for your liking, add a little of the reserved pasta water and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and top with extra pine nuts and red chili if desired.
If you liked this recipe, you might like: