This post was sponsored by S- Pure chicken available at Al Osra online.Jump to Recipe
What’s a cobb salad anyway?
This cobb salad is a dream. Juicy grilled chicken, creamy avocado, crispy smoky bacon and bursts of cherry tomato. All this with a healthy homemade ranch dressing. What is a cobb salad? A main dish salad that isn’t your skimpy rabbit fare. It’s known to have chicken, boiled eggs, bacon, avocado, and usually blue cheese. Traditionally served with a red wine dressing, we use a creamy ranch instead with a rich enough flavor to allow us to leave out the cheese.
I’m one that likes a loaded salad. I could probably live off salads and chocolate chip cookies which might sound weird, but hey it works for me! This chicken cobb salad checks off all the boxes. You got your protein: smoky and crispy bacon, tender chicken, boiled eggs that are still a little soft and tender in the middle. As protein packed as this salad is, produce still play an important role: sweet local cherry tomatoes, a mix of local lettuce, and creamy avocado. This is all drizzled with a healthier homemade ranch dressing.
There’s not much to this salad. What I did was prepare the chicken and the eggs the day before eating it, so that they day of I just had to prep the produce and whisk together the dressing. You can obviously omit what you don’t like or add what you do (blue cheese or feta?). It’s ultimately customisable and a great way to have a packed salad for lunch without thinking longingly of a hamburger. This is also a lighter take on the original cobb because it doesn’t have cheese and has a lighter dressing.
A Healthier Ranch Dressing
Usually the base of ranch dressing is sour cream and mayonnaise. This recipe calls for yogurt instead, that’s given a bit of a tang with white vinegar. Chopped parsley and dill give a nice herb kick, and garlic powder completes the flavor. The dressing recipe was inspired by this recipe on Tasty.com.
So what are you waiting for? You can find all the ingredients at Alosra online, so you can have them delivered straight to your house. Happy Cobb-ing!
Chicken Cobb Salad
For the Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 head lettuce of choice, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 eggs, boiled to preference and sliced
- 8 strips bacon, cooked crispy and diced
For the Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup laban or milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoon dill, minced optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- To prepare the chicken, place chicken breasts on a oiled baking sheet. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken, and bake at 200 C (400F) for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let chicken cool, then slice into strips and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl or platter, combine all the salad ingredients (lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, and bacon). Top with the sliced chicken and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side and enjoy!
Leave a Reply