A refreshing take on a classic lemonade, creamy lemonade is lemonade made with condensed milk. The sweetness comes from the condensed milk and the drink is tangy and perfect for summer!
What is creamy lemonade?
So named because it is lemonade made with sweetened condensed milk, giving it a white creamy appearance. Some recipes use both sugar and sweetened condensed milk, but I think you don’t need the extra sugar!
Why should I try making creamy lemonade?
It’s so simple to make- you don’t need to make a sugar syrup, just stir in the sweetened condensed milk into the lemon juice!
It’s a nice change of pace- the condensed milk definitely has a distinctive taste.
The ingredients you need:
Lemon juice: 1 cup of freshly squeezed juice from about 5 lemons
Sweetened condensed milk: I use about 1/2 can, but you can add more or less based on how sweet you like your lemonade
Cold water and ice
How to make lemonade with condensed milk:
There’s nothing to it! Simply:
- Add some fresh lemon juice to a pitcher. Add the sweetened condensed milk and whisk well to combine. I find it easier to use an actual whisk.
- Add the water and stir again to combine. Add in the ice.
- Taste and adjust sweetness-add more condensed milk or some regular sugar if you’d like this to be a little sweeter.
You can see all the steps in action in the video on my recipe card below.
Is this Brazilian lemonade?
Brazilian lemonade is a famous citrus drink, but it’s made with limes instead of lemons. I haven’t tried that as a modification but I bet it would be just as tart and delicious;
Tips and tricks for lemonade success:
Use an actual whisk to mix in the sweetened condensed milk into the lemon juice. It’ll help the milk combine with the juice very easily.
Juice the lemons separately before adding to the pitcher to make sure you don’t get any seeds.
Add cold water to make sure this is as cold and refreshing as possible.
Taste when you’re done mixing everything and adjust however you like. Most recipes call for additional sugar added to the mix, but I chose to leave that out- feel free to add about 1/4-1/2 cup if you like!
If you liked this recipe, you might like:
- 1 cup lemon juice about 5-6 lemons squeezed
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk 7 oz total (200g)
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice
- Add the lemon juice to a pitcher. Drizzle in the sweetened condensed milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the cold water and stir, then add the ice. Mix well.
- Serve with extra lemon slices, and mint leaves if desired.