An easy, creamy and delicious apple date smoothie that gives you a healthy boost of energy, perfect for breakfast or a snack. Make this apple peanut butter smoothie in a matter of minutes, and you’ll get a healthy way to fulfill a craving for a little something sweet.
Why should I make this apple dates smoothie?
It’s very simple to put together and modifiable with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
There is no sugar added, but the apple and date give it lovely sweetness.
You have a healthy amount of fiber in this, as well as protein from the peanut butter.
The flavors work together beautifully to give you a creamy, sweet, and subtly spiced drink that’s perfect for autumn.
Ingredients for an apple peanut butter smoothie:
Apples: I’d recommend any red firm apple of your choice for the best sweetness and texture
Chia seeds and Flaxseeds: These add fiber and omega 3 to your smoothie, boosting your nutritional intake.
Milk: Use the milk of your choice. If you drink dairy you can go for standard cows milk, otherwise you can try oat, almond, or soy milk.
Peanut butter: Use either natural peanut butter or commercial, either will be fine. You can also substitute almond butter or leave this out entirely.
Dates: The natural sweetener we use to sweeten this apple date shake. Instead of adding honey or maple syrup, the dates pack in flavor and fiber as well as sweetness. You can add more if you like your smoothies sweeter, or do a mix of dates and extra honey.
Cinnamon: This is the ingredient that transforms these to what taste like an apple pie smoothie. Cinnamon is the perfect compliment to apples!
How to make this smoothie:
- Make sure apples are peeled, chopped and frozen, and that dates are pitted.
- Add all the ingredients to a high powered blender, then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and see if you need to add any extra sweetness for your taste.
- Pour into smoothie glasses and enjoy!
Yes, if you choose dairy free millk.
Yes, absolutely. You can also substitute for almond butter, or cashew butter or any other butter of your choice.
I recommend enjoying this immediately while it’s at it’s creamiest and coldest. When it sits, it starts to water day and may separate.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card and a comment!
Apple Date Smoothie
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped, frozen for a creamier smoothie
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds
- 1 cup milk of choice (cows milk, almond, oat, soy), cold
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 dates, pitted
- pinch cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into smoothie glasses and enjoy immediately!