Air fryer smores are the best way to enjoy smores. SO easy, and absolutely delicious, no campfire required. Smores in air fryer give you perfect air fried marshmallows, toasty and golden brown. One of my favorite ever things to make in an air fryer!
Why make smores in air fryer?
It’s SO easy. No need to wait for a barbecue or grill season, no open fire needed, just your handy air fryer.
Air fryer marshmallows turn perfectly golden brown and crisp on the outside, and so gooey and soft on the inside. Perfect for smores!
This makes for a great individual dessert, you can make as many or as little as you want. Perfect for a sweet fix where you want a little portion control.
Adding chocolate squares to the smores inside the air fryer gets the chocolate perfectly melty and soft. No more struggling with hard chocolate in a smores sandwich!
What ingredients do you need to make smores in the air fryer?
Marshmallows: of course! Go for the classic, regular sized white marshmallows.
Chocolate Squares: I like a classic milk chocolate, like Hershey’s, Galaxy or Cadbury. You can also use large milk chocolate buttons, or go for dark chocolate if that’s your preference.
Graham crackers/biscuits: I used digestive biscuits, a classic British snacking biscuit because that’s what I had on hand. Graham crackers would be the more traditional choice for s’mores. Both delicious! You could also use any other sweet biscuit like Marie tea biscuits or the like.
How to make air fryer smores:
- Place the biscuits onto the air fryer basket, top each with a marshmallow.
- Turn air fryer on at 390F (200C), and cook around 4 minutes until marshmallows turn golden brown.
- After marshmallows are toasty, add a chocolate square and cook for another 20 seconds or so until chocolate melts.
- Remove from air fryer, top with another biscuit, smush together and enjoy!
Can I make air fried s’mores in advance?
I don’t recommend it. These taste much better fresh, when marshmallows are still gooey. Plus, you don’t need to preheat the air fryer, and they take just minutes to cook, making them the easiest last minute thing. No advance prep required!
How can I make air fryer marshmallows even better?
Try replacing the milk chocolate squares with Reese’s peanut butter cups. YUM!
Instead of milk chocolate, once the biscuit and marshmallow comes out of the air fryer, try spreading some Nutella over the other biscuit half.
If you want over the top yumminess, try using two store-bought crispy chocolate chip cookies, like Chips Ahoy instead of graham crackers to sandwich the marshmallows with.
Just air fry at the recommended temperature, but keep watching throughout. They are ready when they are golden brown and toasty but not burnt.
Yes absolutely! Just choose gluten free biscuits or crackers as your base.
You can use any type of chocolate you prefer, white, milk, dark, Rolos, Reese’s, Nutella, whatever!
Yes, if you don’t have an air fryer, try setting your oven to broil mode, and broiling the biscuit topped marshmallows for 1-2 minutes watching carefully so they don’t burn. Remove from oven and top with a square of chocolate and another biscuit.
If you liked this recipe, you might like:
Air Fryer Smores
- Air Fryer
- 8 graham crackers squares or digestive biscuits
- 4 marshmallows
- 4 squares of milk chocolate, like Hershey's or Galaxy
- Heat air fryer to 390 F(200C). Place graham cracker halves or digestive biscuits in air fryer basket.
- Top each biscuit with a whole marshmallow. Air fry for 3-4 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove from air fryer and immediately place a chocolate square on top, or for extra gooey chocolate place the square on top of the marshmallow still in air fryer and air fry for another 30 seconds.
- Top with another graham cracker half or digestive biscuit. Enjoy immediately!