Air fryer chickpeas, no oil necessary, make for the crispiest, most addictive healthy snack. You’ll love snacking on these or using these to top salads with, so much flavor in such a little package! Less than a minute of effort, and 15 minutes hands off time in your air fryer and you’re done. Perfect chickpea seasoning too, for a great punch of flavor.
Why should I make roasted chickpeas in my air fryer?
It’s a convenient way to ensure maximum crispiness in your chickpeas without having to deep fry, or heat up your whole oven in order to roast the chickpeas. You’ll have way less mess using just a bowl to toss the chickpeas in and the air fryer basket itself to cook them.
This is my favorite air fryer chickpea seasoning, full of flavor, but versatile enough that you can use the chickpeas on so many things.
Air fryer chickpeas are weight watcher friendly, zero points on the blue and purple plans! Besides that, they are a seriously healthy snack. No oil crispy chickpeas mean lots of fiber, protein, and goodness without the added fat.
What do I need to make crunchy air fryer chickpeas?
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cumin powder
- Chili powder
- Cinnamon powder
- A can of chickpeas that has been drained, rinsed, and patted dry.
How to make air fryer chickpeas without oil:
The reason you can get away with having really crispy chickpeas without coating in any oil is because of the way an air fryer circulates hot air around the food, perfectly crisping it up. The steps are so simple!
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F (180C).
- Mix together all your spices, then add them a bowl containing the chickpeas that have been patted dry. Toss well to combine.
- Add the chickpeas to the air fryer basket. Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking every 5 minutes. The chickpeas are done cooking when they are crispy, dry, and golden brown.
Tips and tricks for success:
- Make sure that the chickpeas have been thoroughly patted dry before going into the air fryer, to ensure the maximum crispiness.
- Use whatever spices you prefer, you can try out different spice blends. You’ll find more options in the notes section of the recipe card.
- Cook at the temperature directed, a lower temperature than some recipes out there. This will ensure that the spices won’t burn when they go in the air fryer. Once you add the seasoned chickpeas to the air fryer, your work is done and you don’t need to season after cooking.
How to serve air fryer chickpeas:
These absolutely stand on their own as an addictive, crunchy, high protein snack. They also make a great garnish to just about any salad, or to top soup with. These are also wonderful when you top dips like this beetroot hummus, or any fatteh dish like this eggplant fatteh or chicken fatteh. You could even use these as an extra yummy topping to avocado toast, or in any protein/buddha bowl of your choice.
Storing leftover crispy chickpeas:
In order to maintain the crunchiness, in my experience these stay crunchier when stored in a jar or bowl WITHOUT an air tight container- let the air come into contact with the chickpeas. They’ll last 4-5 days at room temperature.
Try one! They’ll be golden brown in color, dry, and crispy.
Yes! They are the same thing, just different names. You can use them interchangeably.
Check the notes section in the recipe card for some more flavor inspirations!
Related air fryer recipes:
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card and a comment!
Air Fryer Chickpeas (No Oil)
- Air Fryer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can chickpeas, drained 400g (14.5oz) drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- Preheat to 350F (180C)
- Mix together all the spices, and add to a bowl along with the chickpeas. Toss well to combine.
- Add all the chickpeas to the air fryer basket. Cook for 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, shaking every 5 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Store at room temperature 4-5 days (not in an airtight container).
- Curry powder
- Ranch dressing dry powder packet
- Nutritional yeast to make these taste cheesy
- Parmesan powder- toss these with Parmesan after cooking to avoid them burning