Some days, you just need chocolate. And there’s few ways to get a better chocolate fix than with brownies. Even more ultimate is a giant baked brownie skillet.
Of course, the queen of desserts, Sally of Sally’s Baking Addiction never steers me wrong. This deeply chocolatey and ultra fudgey brownie skillet won accolades from everyone lucky enough to try it. Easy one pot, mixer free recipe that comes together in a flash. Make sure not to overbake it because you want the middle to stay soft and gooey.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 144 g unsalted butter
- 228 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup caster or regular granulated sugar (I find caster sugar to melt more easily, so you can avoid that gritty sugar feeling after baking)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g all purpose flour (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon cacao nibs optional
- 1 cup semisweetchocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the chopped chocolate and butter and stir until melted. Set aside to cool for around 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes have passed, in the same pot whisk in the sugar until combined, then the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Switch to a spatula and gently fold in the flower, cocoa powder and salt until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and cocoa nibs if using, until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased oven safe skillet (9-12 inches) and bake at 180 C (350 F) for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in thecenter comes out with some moist crumbs. Don’t overbake, so start checking early!