This is probably the easiest noodle bowl you can make, with delicious beef and broccoli instant pot noodles that are packed with flavor and come together so fast.
What makes these beef and broccoli instant pot noodles so good?
My daughter inspired these. She loves beef, and broccoli is her favorite vegetable. She is also a fan of anything noodle related, and always goes for Asian flavors in her noodles. I knew there would be an easy way to make great noodles in an Instant Pot, my new purchase I’m so excited about and I was right!
The meal is so easy and comes together so quickly.
It’s really adaptable. Add any vegetables you like, switch up the sauces, make it extra spicy with sriracha, leave out anything you don’t like.
Best of all it’s a complete meal. You don’t need any side dishes or anything else to serve this with because it’s comes complete with the noodles.
What’s the key to making great beef ramen noodles in the instant pot?
Ramen noodles are the instant noodles in the convenient ramen packs. Indomie is an example of a popular brand. The thing about these noodles, is that they cook really fast- far faster than the beef would cook in an instant pot.
Similarly, beef takes longer to cook in an instant pot than broccoli does. Broccoli takes no time at all!
So the key to making sure the beef and broccoli noodles are so good is by balancing the cooking time of the three different main components.
Also, a simple sauce that combines some powerhouse flavoring agents like ginger, garlic, chii sauce and soy sauce is key!
What goes in these beef and broccoli noodles?
Beef: You can use flank steak, sirloin, chuck roast cubes. I actually used veal cubes.
Broccoli: A large head of broccoli cut into florets will give you enough vegetables to balance out the dish.
The Saucy Part: The sauce is an easy flavorful mix of beef broth, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and ginger. So good! And add more or less of anything you after tasting.
How to cook beef and broccoli noodles in an instant pot:
You don’t want to overcook the noodles or the broccoli which will both cook very quickly. Therefore, you have three main stages.
The broccoli: Boiling or steaming the broccoli separately, until just starting to turn tender. You don’t want mushy broccoli, broccoli with a little bite in it is much better. Drain and set aside.
The beef: The beef cubes are what will take the longest to cook. First brown the cubes in the instant pot for more flavor, and remove while you cook the onion and garlic in the same pot. Then, beef goes back in and covered with the sauce and cooked on high pressure for 12 minutes until cooked through and tender.
The noodles: Since these are instant ramen noodles, they really don’t need much to cook at all. Just a quick boil in the instant pot when you place the pot back on saute mode and add in the broccoli and uncooked ramen noodles are just what they need. 2-3 minutes or until noodles have cooked through.
Beef and Broccoli Instant Pot Noodles
- 1 big head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 tbsp sesame or olive oil
- 500 g beef steak of choice, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth (1/2 beef bouillion cube dissolved into 1 cup hot water)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, plus extra to taste
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce, plus extra to taste
- 3 packs ramen noodles (like indomie), noodles only no spice or oil packs needed
- In a large separate pot, bring a large pot of water to boil and add the broccoli. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until just turning tender, then drain and set aside.
- Turn instant pot to saute mode, and add the oil. Once hot, add the beef to brown. Brown on all sides, then remove beef to a plate.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes or so until softened
- Add the beef broth, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce, then place the lid on the instant pot and seal. Select high pressure and set a cook time of 12 minutes.
- After cook time is over, quick release the pressure, remove the lid, and turn onto saute mode. Bring the mixture to a boil, add the broccoli back in and add the ramen noodles. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles have cooked.
- Serve with extra soy sauce, chili sauce, and red chili pepper flakes if desired. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Ramen by everylittlecrumb on Jumprope.
If you liked this recipe, you might like: