Lemony buttery chicken, a comforting Italian classic of chicken breasts cooked in an olive oil and butter sauce with lemon juice and capers.
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half
- Flour for dredging chicken
- 1 stick butter (100 grams)
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 lemons juiced (I used 1.5)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream optional
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- noodles for serving I used angel hair
- lemon juice for noodles
- lemon zest for noodles
- chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese for garnishing
Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breast and then dredge each side in a shallow plate filled with flour. Shake off excess flour.
Heat butter and oil over medium high heat, then fry the chicken breasts 3-4 minutes a side until golden brown. Remove chicken from the pan.
Add garlic, chicken broth, and lemon juice and whisk to deglaze the pan. Cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens and reduce. Add salt and pepper to taste
Reduce heat to low, whisk in cream if using and add capers. Cook for a few minutes and add chicken breasts back to the pan to warm through before serving.
Serve with noodles that you've tossed in a little olive oil and some lemon juice and lemon zest(optional). Garnish with lots of parsley and some parmesan cheese if desired.