Slow Cooked Pulled BBQ Beef
Easy set it and forget it meal, slow cooked shredded beef in a healthy homemade BBQ sauce. Perfect for making sandwiches with.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 hrs 20 mins
Total Time8 hrs 30 mins
- 1.5 kg boneless beef chuck roast (around 3 lb)
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carton tomato paste (6oz/ 180g)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 11/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar optional
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 heaped tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
Slice the onions and place on the bottom of your slow cooker.
Cut beef roast into 3 large chunks, and transfer to the slow cooker with the onions.
Mix together all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until well combine and pour over beef and onions. Toss to coat evenly.
Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat shreds easily.
Remove from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, then return and toss with thes sauce and onions.
Adapted from the Real Food Dietitians
- To make your own chili powder, mix together 2 tablespoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoons onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Above recipe is from www.allrecipes.com