An easy dump it and leave it flavorful curry with chickpeas, sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Hearty, wholesome and delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 oz (400g)
- 1 can coconut milk 14 oz (400g)
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and sautee until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, ginger, and garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
Remove the onions form the heat and scrape them and all the spices into the slow cooker. Add the salt, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and enough water or broth to just cover vegetables, cover and cook on high for 4-4.5 hours, until vegetables are tender enough for your liking.
Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if desired, and serve with rice and/or naan bread.